To erase a DVD+RW or DVD-RW to a blank disc with Any DVD Shrink, you must have a DVD burner. Then follow the steps below.
1. Insert a DVD+RW or DVD-RW disc.
2. Run Any DVD Shrink, click Erase DVD button, then Any DVD Shrink will pop up a dialog like below.
3. Select the DVD drive to erase the disc.
4. Select DVD erasing speed.
5. Select Eraser Type: Fast or Full. Fast mode will format the disc without checking the bad sectors while the full mode will format the disc and check the bad sectors.
6. Click Erase button to start earsing the DVD+RW or DVD-RW disc.
a. Any data or content in the DVD will be lost after erasing. If you need to reserve anything in the disc, please backup first.
b. Only the DVD drive has no burning ability, it can't erase the DVD+RW or DVD-RW disc.
---- A DVD decrypter tool is used to create disc images or DVD folders with the same structures as DVD-Videos. DVD copy protection like Macrovision, CSS, region codes and user operation prohibition can be also removed by a DVD decrypter.
---- A DVD shrink tool is usually used to shrink a commercially-released dual layer 8.5GB DVD to a single layer 4.7GB DVD. A DVD shrinker usually re-encode the movie in lesser quality, or discard unnecessary content in order to fit on the single layer DVD-5 discs.
---- A DVD ripper is a software application that copies the content of DVDs to a hard disk drive, through a process called ripping. DVD rippers are used to transfer formats, to edit or back up DVD content for playing on mobile devices or media players.